Sign up to receive email updates
Remember our Veterans
November 10, 2011
Remember our Veterans
Congressman Scott Tipton (R-CO) issued this statement for Veterans Day:
“Whether it’s a family member, friend, or neighbor, most of us are fortunate to know someone who has proudly served our country. Colorado is blessed to have so many veterans and active duty men and women call it home, and I am honored to represent many of these exceptional Americans in Congress.
“Our nation and our way of life, rests on the shoulders of our military men and women, who every night when we lay down to sleep, stand guard in defense of our freedom. Our soldiers have our back 24-7.
“We owe a tremendous debt of gratitude to those who have served and those currently stand in harm’s way. It’s important that we remember their sacrifice and keep our promise to our veterans by giving them the recognition they deserve, the benefits they have earned, and ensuring that our current troops have access to the tools they need to get the job done.”
Tipton will speak at the rededication of the CSU-Pueblo Southeast Asia Vietnam War Memorial on Veteran’s Day. In addition to providing remarks, Tipton will present a flag dedication for the memorial and pay tribute to Congressional Medal of Honor Recipient Major William Edward Adams, a CSU graduate, whose name is among the fallen listed on the memorial. Maj. Adams’s widow, Sandra Adams of Longmont, will attend to accept the Congressional Tribute.
The ceremony begins at 11:00am in the Occhiato University Center Ballroom at CSU-Pueblo.
Action Tipton has taken for Veterans
• Introduced H.R.1658: To name the Department of Veterans Affairs tele-health clinic in Craig, Colorado, as the "Major William Edward Adams Department of Veterans Affairs Clinic". Signed into law on 10/5/11.
• Introduced H.R.2815: To revise the federal charter for the Blue Star Mothers of America, Inc., to reflect a change in eligibility requirements for membership.
• Cosponsored H.R.575: the Healthy Vets Act of 2011 to expand care for veterans in rural areas by allowing them to receive timely care at facilities in their geographic region.
• Cosponsored H.RES.111: Establishing a Select Committee on POW and MIA Affairs.
• Cosponsored H.R.1297: Ensuring Pay for Our Military Act of 2011.
• Cosponsored H.R.546: Honor and Remember Flag Recognition Act.