Scott Tipton announces 2017 Congressional Art Competition
Congressman Scott Tipton (CO-03) announced that his office is now accepting submissions for the 2017 3rd District Congressional Art Competition. Students in grades 9 through 12 are eligible to participate. Students must submit their entries no later than May 1.
“The Congressional Art Competition gives every high school student in the 3rd District an opportunity to share their artistic abilities with the community. It’s great to see the hard work and skill that students put into their pieces of art each year, and I look forward to meeting this year’s participants and seeing the talent in our communities,” Tipton said.
Guidelines for the 2017 competition:
- The artwork must be no larger than 26 inches high, 26 inches wide and 4 inches deep including the outside dimensions of the frame.
- All artwork should be framed but not to exceed the dimensions above. Please note the largest frame dimensions have changed this year.
Artwork that will be accepted:
- Drawings: colored pencil, pencil, ink, marker, pastels, charcoal (It is recommended that charcoal and pastel drawings be fixed.)
- Collage: must be two dimensional
- Prints: lithographs, silkscreen, block prints
- Mixed Media: use of more than two mediums such as pencil, ink, watercolor, etc.
- Digital Art
All submitted artwork will be put on display in Alamosa from May 2-9. A reception will be held Tuesday, May 9, from 5-6 p.m. in Alamosa at the Kavleys Business Center lobby located at 609 Main Street.
For more information, please visit: https://tipton.house.gov/serving-you/art-competition.
The Congressional Art Competition began in 1982 to provide an opportunity for members of Congress to encourage and recognize the artistic talents of their young constituents. Since then, more than 650,000 high school students have been involved in the nationwide competition.
Teachers, students, and parents with questions can contact Brenda Felmlee, 3rd Congressional District Art Competition liaison, at 719-587-5105, or email: Brenda.Felmlee@mail.house.gov.