Project China: Holding the CCP Accountable
"Even when China has tried to show goodwill to us and our allies by offering access to medical equipment and supplies for the workers on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic, there is pervasive fraud and exploitation. Many reports have highlighted Chinese businesses — most of which are at least partially owned or are under stringent control by the CCP — requesting up-front money wires for equipment before the purchasing entity has even had an opportunity to review the equipment being sold. This has resulted in scams and fraud including the delivery of thousands of faulty masks, ventilators and other medical equipment to countries that need it the most... Until we and our allies send a clear and unified message to China that its actions will not be tolerated, the country will continue down its reckless path."
- Scott Tipton, Denver Post, May 1, 2020
Here are the actions Congressman Tipton is taking to bolster America's response to future pandemics by reducing its reliance on China for critical supplies and holding the Communist regime accountable for its initial response to the COVID-19 outbreak:
- Tipton votes in support of sanctioning China for its government crackdown of religious freedom.
- H.R. 6863, the COVID-19 Accountability Act
- H.R. 6896, a bill to ban TikTok on Government Devices
- H.Res. 907, Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the Government of the People's Republic of China made multiple, serious mistakes in the early stages of the COVID-19 outbreak
- H.Res. 909, Supporting an international investigation into the handling by the Government of the People's Republic of China of COVID-19
- H.R. 6431, the Made in America Emergency Preparedness Act
- H.R. 4710, the Pharmaceutical Independence Long-Term Readiness Reform Act
- H.R. 6393, the Strengthening America’s Supply Chain and National Security Act
May 7, 2020: Tipton letter to President Trump affirming the importance of bringing back pharmaceutical manufacturing to the U.S.
April 20, 2020: Tipton joins Jim Banks' letter to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo requesting the International Court of Justice brings a case against the Chinese government for its initial covering up of the COVID-19 outbreak.
In the News:
- May 20, 2020: Colorado Peak Politics: Tipton leads the way on protecting government secrets and holding communist China accountable
May 19, 2020: Denver 9 News: 2 Colorado congressman want to ban TikTok on government devices
May 1, 2020: Denver Post Guest Column: Tipton outlines the importance of the U.S. reducing its reliance on China for critical materials